During the winter months, there is bound to be salt on the roads to prevent snow build-up. And while this is excellent for protecting drivers from the snow, the constant salt splashing against your vehicle can damage the finish, cause rust, and even affect the mechanics.
To keep the salt damage to a minimum, there are a few major steps you can take.
- Wash your car as frequently as possible, at least once every other week.
- Don’t drive through deep snow, and try to avoid snow entirely when possible.
- Try not to splash through large puddles, instead driving through them particularly slowly.
- Give your vehicle a preventative, quality wax before the snowy winter months even begin.
- Once winter ends, be sure to have all of the salt removed from you car as soon as possible.
You can’t escape it entirely, but there’s much more you can do to protect your car from salt damage. For more information on how to take care of your car in the winter, visit us at Blackburn Nissan.