At public pools, there are typically rules and lifeguards ensuring the safety of all the swimmers. But what about at home pools? You can help prevent accidents at your home pool by establishing your own rules.
Here are a few home pool safety tips to get you started:
- Secure your pool with some sort of fencing so that unattended intruders can’t get inside.
- Be sure that all swimmers know how to swim efficiently, and never leave any swimmers–especially children–unmonitored.
- Keep the proper chemical levels active in your pool to make sure the water stays safe and hygienic.
- Enforce basic rules such as “no running” and “no diving in shallow area,” which can truly make a difference, especially for those who aren’t strong swimmers.
- Have an emergency first-aid kit nearby, just in case it is needed.
Do you have any other tips? Let us know your ideas in the comments.