Before you make your final decision to buy a car, you need to take it out for a test drive. However, a test drive is more than just driving around the block. Here are five tips for taking a test drive that will help you make the most of your experience.
- Do a thorough visual inspection. Before you start the engine, walk around the car and look for any dents, rust, and cracks. Test the exterior lights and look at the tire tread.
- Idle the car. Take a seat inside and start the engine. Sit in the car for a few minutes and listen any troubling sounds. While you’re there, you can also test the radio, make sure the seats are comfortable, and try both the heater and air conditioner.
- Do stop-and-go driving. Do some normal city driving with frequent stops and turns. How does the car feel when you stop? Do you hear any squeaking noises? Does the car offer a comfortable ride over rough roads?
- Do some highway driving. Head to the highway to drive at least 55 mph. Does the car accelerate easily? Are the gear shifts smooth? Test out highway features like cruise control.
- Practice parking. Find a good place to park and practice both parallel and perpendicular parking. Does the car shift easily into reverse? Do any advanced parking features like a rear-view camera work properly?
Now that you know what to do, do it at Blackburn Nissan. We’ve got all the latest vehicles from Nissan in stock and ready to try.